Depleted engine oil/ Insufficient oil pressure

Patagil

2016 520d f10

The issue began with an orange alert indicating "insufficient engine oil, replenish with 1 litre of oil." Adhered to the instructions and the notice vanished. Verified the oil level and found it to be satisfactory. After a few days, the orange alert reappeared, but the actual oil level was not seen to be low. I believed it was only a sensor malfunction. After a few days, I began receiving a red alert every morning indicating "low oil pressure". Additionally, my engine has begun emitting a ticking or ratting noise. I am very concerned about the potential severe damage to my engine.

I contacted BMW for diagnostics and they informed me that my vehicle has a significant EGR recall, which may be attributed to a faulty EGR system.

I would much welcome any insights from anyone who have had similar experiences to mine.

I am sceptical that it is connected to egr recall.

Appears to be two issues to me. The level sensor is indicating the need to add oil, presuming that the level is accurate. Have you verified this by using a dipstick?
The oil pressure problem may be attributed to the fragmentation of the timing chain guide, resulting in the obstruction of oil accumulation.
When was the most recent oil and filter change?

Further inquiry is required.

The oil and filter were replaced a few days ago due to the occurrence of engine noise. Consequently, there are no concerns about the oil filter and oil volume. I anticipate the absence of significant engine damage.

Prior to the filter replacement, the engine emitted a noise. However, the pressure warning has just emerged after then.
The reason I am inquiring is because there is a little nipple located at the bottom of the filter that must be properly fitted to prevent oil from the filter housing from returning to the sump.

The oil and filter were promptly replaced at the onset of engine noise.
The onset of engine noise occurred shortly after the issuance of a red low oil pressure alert.
The emergence of the red low oil pressure signal occurred some weeks subsequent to the orange low oil alert.

In my view, it is necessary to verify the timing chain before proceeding with any further actions. However, without directly perceiving the sound, one cannot be quite certain.

I do not possess expertise in cars.
One potential scenario that comes to mind is a broken timing chain that is obstructing the oil pump.
Uncertain about the permissibility of uploading a video on this platform.

This may occur when guides disengage, or it may be due to a worn-out end.
It is important to get professional evaluation in order to ascertain the nature of the problem.
What is your place of origin?

The big end refers to the terminal point of the connecting rod, where it fastens to the crankshaft.
However, the current situation remains speculative and requires further examination in order to determine the underlying causes.
It is rather far for you to approach me, as I would have sought your presence.

I have scheduled an appointment with BMW on the earliest available date of 24/1/24. In the event that the problem does not pertain to EGR, it is likely that I will incur a substantial fee unless I want to bring my vehicle to an other automotive facility.

I recommend following MutanX's advise and refraining from visiting the BMW for inspection.You will incur a substantial expense, and it is unlikely that they will identify the underlying reason.If they do, they may impose additional fees of 2-3 items.
Identify a proficient expert, search for one on Google if you are unfamiliar, and document each stage of the process on this platform. Could you kindly provide a video pertaining to the topic of noise?

I concur with MutanX's assessment that the issue seems to be a malfunctioning timing chain tensioner and/or a large end bearing caused by insufficient oil pressure. It is crucial to avoid driving the automobile with excessive force, since doing so might exacerbate the issue significantly.