Rebuilding or replacing the V10 Manual Transmission

Mezuzzi

The mileage on my 2012 V10 with the 6 speed manual is around 45,000 miles. It serves as my everyday vehicle while I am at home. Engaging the third gear has consistently proven to be rather challenging, and while it has never failed to engage, the shifter gives the impression of potential slippage. The technician has recommended replacing the clutch, which I will go with. However, I first began the process by changing the gearbox fluid. The magnet attached to the drain plug contains a significant amount of metallic material. It seems to be a process of rebuilding or replacing a gearbox. I have attempted to locate a replacement gearbox but have been unable. I have also had difficulties in locating a shop to repair the engine on my vehicle. I am located in the Phoenix Valley. Do you have any suggestions for a reliable and trustworthy company that can reconstruct this gearbox or a source where I can get a reconstructed one for replacement? Thank you in advance, everyone!

image.png.2a93f945a679bccd31fe1aa138ea9db3.png

image.png.e20e8a54db689716055510bc0d94b7a8.png

My mileage seems comparable, perhaps 30,000 miles. After replacing the fluid and making necessary adjustments to the shifter linkages, the system has remained in a state of perfect operation, with occasional instances of gears 3, 5, and 5 exhibiting a tendency to disengage. I would refrain from replacing or reconstructing the box due to the presence of metallic particles in the gearbox fluid.

Metal filings are often seen due to the interaction between metal surfaces, resulting in the formation of metal filings.

1. The interlocking of the syncros and speed gears. 2. The clutch plate material derived from the LSD.

I concur with the recommendation to replenish your fluid every 3 years or every 30,000 miles, and to make annual adjustments to the shift linkages to accommodate cable elongation.

HCF Autosport is renowned for its extensive expertise in doing Graziano gearbox rebuilds.

that is a substantial amount of metal filings, correct? I get that the magnet is intended to gather them in order to prevent their circulation, and although some are anticipated, it seems to be excessive. I am uncertain.

Please inform us whether we are able to assist you with a replacement clutch and flywheel. We will surpass the price set by the dealer. We just need a PM including your VIN.

I have accumulated 42,000 miles since my first oil change. Audi is now in the process of replacing my box under warranty, pending clearance.

At times, the vehicle would not engage in second gear.

I hope this helps in the process of comparison. It seems that I have a malfunctioning second synchro and a rigid hub.

image.thumb.png.07a0262a4677e29f1ab824e4b995f62d.png

I am curious as to whether the primary factor contributing to this issue was early deterioration of the shift forks or elongated shift cables.

It is advisable to request the store to get new cables in order to ensure the effective functioning of the system.

You have the option to send your box to @HeadlinesQuick, either from the United States or other nations, for the purpose of reconstruction. He is the most suitable option for you. Please send him a private message.

The occurrence of a sticky shift to third is a common occurrence in gated shift boxes that need a new clutch and tuning. If the box were damaged, it would be readily apparent when the automobile is in motion, and the act of changing gear would be very unpleasant. It seems like you are experiencing a little state of terror.
It is essential that you perform the clutch, as it will provide a sensation of freshness and first tightness. Additionally, it seems necessary to replace the linkage heads. This task may seem grand, but it is basically a simple do-it-yourself project. Lamborghini connections are equipped with rubber lining rings that deteriorate due to the high temperatures of the bay. The act of replacing them on the linkages will enhance the overall quality and precision.