Which size injector seat cutter is recommended for a 3.0-liter engine in a 2010 Mercedes E-Class?

Captiva

I need to determine the appropriate size of the bit required to re-cut the injector seat when replacing the injector seals.
The vehicle in question is a 2010 Mercedes E class with a 3.0 litre V6 engine.

Thank you very much

Simply verify against the seal that you have taken off. I am certain that they are the planar kind rather than conical in form, but that should be rather evident. On my straight six engine, the appropriately sized tool was too snug in the injector barrel and couldn't perform the cutting function. However, I discovered another tool in the set that had the exact cutting face size but was somewhat smaller overall. I used this tool along with some additional padding on the T-handle to ensure everything remained aligned. I am uncertain about the size of the seals on your vehicle, but I choose to use Honda seals since they are somewhat thicker and possess a greater degree of softness and flexibility compared to the seals manufactured by Mercedes.

Hello, I apologise, but could you perhaps clarify what you meant by "checking the seal I removed"? The only item I removed was the copper washer.
Indeed, I saw the YouTube video he suggested about the Honda washers. However, I must promptly assemble them in order to pass the MOT retest.

Thank you.

For the purpose of resealing injectors on my OM648, I have consistently used the Laser 6101 kit. The amount I paid was far lower than the promised pricing. Approximately £30 comes to mind.

The Nylon brushes effectively clean the sealing face. I own a seat cutting kit, however I have not yet encountered a situation that necessitated its usage. Based on my observation, it is the copper washer that experiences erosion rather than the aluminium head.

The extent of the damage will vary depending on the duration of the leak. If the issue is identified and fixed promptly, a simple cleanup should suffice. However, I have seen a distinct indentation on the head that aligns with the groove on the washer. It is rather evident by making a few of turns with the cutter that a black line appears, while the remaining area remains bright and clear.

The appropriately sized cutter in my kit failed to make contact with the surface that needed to be cut.
I had to remove the shoulder from the cutter by grinding it.

I use a digital camera to examine the visage, aided by a flashlight, in order to assess the state of the face.
Frequently, I have seen the presence of pitting when the image is magnified on the personal computer. Therefore, it is advisable to further trim and cleanse the image.