All the lights on the instrument cluster are illuminated.

engrol

All the lights on my dashboard are illuminated and the central display shows the word 'code'. The vehicle is functioning well, but there seems to be an underlying issue. I attempted to inspect my fuses, but I am unable to ascertain the underlying issue. Assistance is needed for a first-generation R50 vehicle with a manual gearbox. Apologies for the unclear photographs

image.png.e36ca311ecd48b58d12c0c343f8975e4.pngimage.thumb.png.0365fab3f0266047828f2ce59efbac2b.png

Mini Coopers are very sensitive to any kind of neglect.

And that is an inadequate representation of the truth.

As a minimum, I inspect the oil level, coolant level, power steering fluid level, tyre pressures and measure the voltage across the battery using a voltmeter while the vehicle is turned off and the key is removed. I need a minimum of 12.2 or 12.3 volts of direct current (DC).

An optimal voltage of 14.5 volts is recommended while the engine is idle. Apply a modest increase in engine speed and see whether there is a corresponding minor increase in voltage. The voltage should remain at around 14.5 volts. If you see a reading below 14.2 or 14.3 volts when the engine is idling, it indicates the presence of impending issues.

Mini Coopers are adversely affected by power dips. They engage in very eccentric behaviour.

Although I may have omitted other items from the list, I trust that you get the general concept, and I anticipate that other members will provide the items I may have overlooked.

Indeed, such inspections are a routine occurrence for me. I diligently do a weekly inspection of the oils and fluids. I will, however, verify the voltage. Although my battery is just a few months old, I have not done so before.

I just recently changed the battery on my daughter's 2004 R50. I inspected the battery cables for corrosion and performed maintenance on the grounding connections. Although they were in satisfactory condition, it is worth noting that these cables are two decades old. Consequently, I plan to replace them within the next year.