Fixing stone chips on the edge of a door

Strongspoi

Hello everyone
I am still much loving my c220d estate and achieving a rather decent fuel efficiency of about 45 mpg, although mostly doing short trips, including school runs with frequent traffic congestion. For longer travels, I am certain that achieving speeds in the mid 50s is readily attainable.

My inquiry is to painting stone chips, as indicated by the topic title. The magnificent blue colour of my automobile is marred by chipping on the margins of 3 out of 4 doors, detracting from the overall great condition of the car's appearance. How simple is it to fix them on your own? I have seen YouTube videos that demonstrate the process as quite simple. However, I am curious about the accuracy of colour matching when using inexpensive kits purchased online or from retailers like Halfords. Does anybody have suggestions or advice on certain products? Thank you.

I purchased authentic MB and Halfords stone chip repair kits, and both matched well. I would use the authentic MB kit if possible, since the price difference is little and these kits have a long lifespan.

Previously, I bought touch-up paint from the primary dealer, but due to back orders, I got from Amazon (AB Touch-Ups) last time, and the shade matched perfectly. The pen has two application choices: a fine push nib and a brush for broader areas. Apply a tiny layer, let it dry, and then repeat the process.

Yes, a stunning shade of blue. Stone chips on the door edge are prominently visible for unknown reasons. The instructional videos on Youtube suggest that achieving a desired surface is not challenging and can be done effectively by utilising sandpaper and buffing. Has anybody else completed this task?