Harry Metcalfe once again expressing logical and rational thoughts.

Mezuzzi

While I currently have no intention of purchasing an electric vehicle (EV), I absolutely have no interest in purchasing a diesel vehicle (derv), especially not one from Jaguar Land Rover (JLR).It would be as wasteful to just set the money on fire. Fortunately, it is leased. Over time, there will be limited demand for a pre-owned diesel vehicle, not only due to the ULEZ regulations but also because of concerns around Adblue and NOX emissions. Consequently, the value of these vehicles is depreciating rapidly. Currently, fuel is the only viable option for me.

I understand your perspective, but, when examining his reasons and reasoning, it is evident that DERV remains a valid proposition in his particular situation. The media has manipulated our perception to believe that they are negative, while the internet is filled with concerns over nitrogen oxide (NOX) problems and the use of ad blue. However, if you utilise ad blue in a proper manner. You are unlikely to encounter any problems. Purchase Ad blu that is well within the expiration date and replace it often, ensuring it has been kept properly. Ad blue that is 12 months old tends to crystallise and may lead to problems. Additionally, it should not be stored in direct sunlight.

He intended to purchase fuel, but there are no conventional options available. Instead, only plug-in hybrids are offered, which come with a monthly leasing fee of £1100. When comparing, the cost for the diesel version is £600 per month.

If I were purchasing a vehicle outright, I would not choose a diesel engine, but if I were leasing, that would not be a concern.

Is the problem not that JLR PHEVs are overpriced and of poor quality?

I am sceptical of the notion that leasing has no cost. You are purchasing a service that encompasses administrative tasks and risk management. Every service has a cost associated with it.

I immediately questioned why he wasn't considering purchasing a three-year-old diesel Range Rover Sport with low miles.

Harry does not need a brand new automobile to impress his friends or the nearby farmer.

What is that? Is JLR offering him a discounted price on a brand new vehicle as a favour? It is audacious of you to propose such an idea! Such an occurrence is quite improbable.

Is the contract publicly accessible and did he specify the first payment?

I do not have a preference for Range Rovers, particularly the current models. Additionally, I have not had a diesel vehicle in a long time. However, if the monthly cost is £600, I could easily disregard those factors.

I found his insights on the EV industry to be thought-provoking, particularly given the impact of 100% first year capital allowances on stimulating sales of luxury EVs priced at £100k or more, which are often undesirable as second-hand options. Furthermore, the government has imposed a compulsory regulation stating that 24% of all new car sales must be electric vehicles (EVs) this year. Consequently, dealerships are reluctant to have used EVs in their showrooms, since they might potentially divert customers from purchasing new vehicles.

This is yet another notable instance where government incentives and initiatives have had a direct and opposite impact from what was originally intended.

The primary justification for Diesel in this instance is its affordability.

However, that is a long-standing debate. Do you want to pay a high price for a very desired model, or pay a low price for a vehicle that is not in demand in the market?

I consistently opted for the latter option while purchasing autos. The factors contributing to the sale of 'undesirable' automobiles at low prices are many, and dependability is not necessarily the only determinant.

If the rationale for obtaining a favourable price on a certain automobile model does not have a direct impact on me, I would gladly get one, as I have previously done.