CrownChikk Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago Salutations everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any idea which steel wheels from another vehicle would fit a W204. I searched online but couldn't locate any steel, but I did find several sets of pricey alloys. Ideally, there's a vehicle whose wheel fitment is identical to, or very near to, that of a Qashqai or Focus. The 5x112 bolt pattern and the different center bore are two similarities among Audi A4s. This is a general question, but I'm in the market for some affordable wheels to mount my winter tires on. I noticed that a brand new set of wheels costs around £350, but I'd rather not spend that much. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ledgerciao Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago Due to the PCD's utter mistake, the Nissan and Ford option cannot be pursued. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CrownChikk Posted 7 hours ago Author Share Posted 7 hours ago No need to take it too seriously; I was simply trying to illustrate the idea that "oh yeah, I happen to know that (such and such) car's wheels fit" with that example. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ledgerciao Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago Recalling (I think there's a comparable thread on the forum somewhere) An Audi is the way to go. Ask yourself this: how many contemporary Audis had steel wheels? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Syncephe Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago Obtaining a large enough item to fit over the brakes has become a challenge with most modern cars. Steels with a minimum diameter of 17 inches are practically nonexistent in the United Kingdom, so the only option is to import new ones from the European market, where winter sets are specifically designed. If you're not picky, you should be able to get a used set of W204 alloys for around £200, so they're not too expensive but still provide good value. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jollyno Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago A set of inexpensive basic alloys gets my vote. The rims don't have to be the exact same diameter as yours; what's important is that you select the correct profile tires to keep the total rolling diameter constant. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CrownChikk Posted 7 hours ago Author Share Posted 7 hours ago Thank you! I'm beginning to believe this is the best option for next winter. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now