Ledgerciao Posted 56 minutes ago Share Posted 56 minutes ago I'm in the market for a new vehicle and am prioritising durability and dependability. Which is better, a petrol or diesel? I can't make up my mind. On my way to work, I appreciate a diesel's torque and fuel efficiency, but I'm anxious about DPF and other breakdowns because: 30 minutes to cover 9 miles on A roads In the evening, I have a five-mile trek to the gym, which takes twenty minutes more. The mileage is 7,000 miles per year. Once a week, I'm willing to put in the extra effort to drive 45 minutes to an hour on the highway. Is this going to make up for the earlier brief trips? Is this not a certainty, though? I have also heard that diesels may have trouble meeting emission standards in the long run due to soot building up in the intake manifolds, but I'm not sure if this is true or not. I am considering the following engines: (These will be relatively fresh) 1) CLA 200 1.3 L (I know this one from Renault!) Model 282 At high rpm, though, I've heard nothing but bad things about this engine. The CLA 220d 2.0 L OM654 I've heard that they're dealing with problems with their timing chains and diesel engines. 3) 2023 plate CLA 35 AMG M260 I'm not sure if the cylinder head issues have been resolved in the 2023 model or if there is still a risk of them. I've heard that these have problems. Whenever possible, I've stayed away from models that use 48-volt mild hybrid technology. Do you think these will be costly and troublesome in the long run? Would you say that mild hybrid technology or diesal technology is the more problematic of the two? Which poison should I use? I'm not sure. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SushySosa Posted 55 minutes ago Share Posted 55 minutes ago Petrol is a must, but considering your usage, full lecky could be a possibility.The cost per mile is now quite comparable due to the spread on petrol vs diesel at the pumps. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Inspirli Posted 55 minutes ago Share Posted 55 minutes ago I would stay away from the OM654 engine because of its AdBlue system. Diesel has fallen out of favour, and the price of diesel fuel has increased. If an AMG is what you're after, then the CLA35 is a good choice. In terms of ride quality, maintenance expenses, gas mileage, and other metrics, it is not really compatible with the other two models you listed. Despite its lack of racing prowess, the 1.3L is known for its economy and dependability. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tearcarl Posted 45 minutes ago Share Posted 45 minutes ago It's a tough call between the AMG and the 1.3L Renault engine, but I'll go with the latter. 1.3L gasoline...nah.....there's "no replacement for displacement"! I doubt most people would be thinking about both of those things at the same time. Personally, I'd stay away from most modern diesels. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Micobe Posted 45 minutes ago Share Posted 45 minutes ago Definitely petrol. Fuel is less expensive than diesel initially, and most new cars get good petrol mileage, so there isn't much of a difference in operating costs. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Talentrews Posted 44 minutes ago Share Posted 44 minutes ago The A35 was about £20 per week more than the entry-level A class, which is something I noticed the other day. So, something to think about if you're using a financial instrument. I thought it was possible to charge an electric vehicle at home. In that case, I'm leaning toward an electric vehicle; assuming a petrol A Class gets 35mpg at £1.79/liter, that works out to £165/month. Just £380 per month gets you a Mercedes electric vehicle. The larger Renault 5 EV, on the other hand, would cost you £220 per month plus £30 for charging, for a total of approximately £250 per month, as opposed to £550 per month for the Merc. A friend of mine just dropped £22,000 on a brand new, low-mileage 2023 BMW i4. I would definitely be in that if I had the means to do so. He claims that his range never drops below 30% and that he is plugged in again; I'm not sure what the equivalent Mercedes would be, but it has a 370-mile range. vehicle that was worth £62,000 when new but had 40,000 miles on the odometer was £22,000. So, the EQE, I suppose? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Talentrews Posted 44 minutes ago Share Posted 44 minutes ago https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202609296487337 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Talentrews Posted 44 minutes ago Share Posted 44 minutes ago The A35, I get it, but it sounds like an EV would be ideal for your needs. Whenever you are able to charge. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now