Hypabl Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago If there have been any updates to the EV2's infotainment system or satnav, I would like to know how frequently they update the satnav so that the car doesn't reduce speed when using cruise control, because I've noticed that it shows old speed limits in areas where the speed limits have been removed due to roadworks. I appreciate each and every response. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ZappaZeek Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago As much of a pain as anything else, you can disable the feature that automatically adjusts your speed based on the posted limits. As of right now (in May), there have been no updates, and the Kia navigation updater site is still in the dark regarding the EV2. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Uneripty Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Assuming there are any, you will receive an alert once OTA is enabled. The process of reporting road work areas to navigation companies and then creating updates takes time, so please be patient. Therefore, we may have to wait months. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ZappaZeek Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Though roadworks are visible when Google detects them (since they are the service providers), I am seeing road closures and the like quite frequently. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spiderer Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago In comparison to the EV2 standard range models, the infotainment software version in my new EV2 GT Line S seems to be quite recent. 260506, which is May 6, 2026, is the number I have. I assume it downloads the maps and infotainment system by default since there is no explicit option to do so in the setup screen but to enable System OTA. Driving past a school at 30 mph now only registers as 20 mph, which was my biggest complaint. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Uneripty Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Does the EV2 come with Google Maps? instead of the TomTom Kia-based system? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ZappaZeek Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Last year, I think Kia switched to Google Maps. When I compare, I see that Google and Kia both use the same routing. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Uneripty Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago combined with Google's search engine. I am uncertain about the Routing. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now