HushedGamer Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know that after updating to Pivi Pro OS 4.3.3, my car recently detected this DC converter error. This patch update was intended to diagnose an issue that has been associated with numerous recalls in the US but has thus far not been recalled in the UK. Land Rover Liverpool has been completely unhelpful since I contacted them. I was offered November for a diagnostic assessment because the car is not driveable. November is intolerable, and I already know the problem, so I don't need this. As a gesture of goodwill, has anyone been able to get a courtesy car and get Land Rover to fix this? I am aware that there are no parts available in the UK, so I anticipate a lengthy wait. I am not going down without a fight, and I'm happy to file a few claims on my own. However, I'm aware that I won't be alone in this, and I've heard from an insider that 154 cars have been waiting for the same part at Land Rover Liverpool in the past week, so this is going to be a major issue. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WordSnoop Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago I apologise for the inconvenience, but I would like to understand why the car is not roadworthy if you were only made aware of the issue by the SOTA update? The dealer is currently unable to do anything to address the issue if the necessary part is on back order; thus, they have offered a November date. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HushedGamer Posted 3 hours ago Author Share Posted 3 hours ago The warning message advised me not to drive and to pull over safely after the update, which was maybe four days later. The problem has been located, and the update has confirmed that the DC-DC converter is the source of the error codes. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
GravyRocket Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Does it matter which engine you have? I must have missed that question. Was a plan for following the November diagnosis made clear? After successfully diagnosing a known failing part that appears to be unfit for purpose, they should resolve it for free here. They are recalling cars in the US for this reason, so it only makes sense. Of course, JLR is the brand in question. Maintain our interest by providing regular updates. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HushedGamer Posted 3 hours ago Author Share Posted 3 hours ago This is the D165 HSE model from 2021. Until then, they didn't specify the plan; they simply assumed I could get by without a vehicle. Central JLR informed me that they will try to arrange a courtesy car if I have the vehicle towed to a Land Rover garage. I was able to get in touch with them today. What started out as a beautiful car has become a living nightmare due to the numerous problems that have plagued its production. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RicketyRick Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago If this is your first car purchase from LR, they will not extend any goodwill. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now