Jump to content

Connect the hose of the radiator to the reservoir of coolant.


MutanX

Recommended Posts

The reservoir to radiator hose comes with two different part numbers. No. 3 Radiator Reserve Tank Hose, 16470J, 90445-12078, 5SFE..SXV10..NAP, 600 L

L=1000,*ND,90099-33534, 5SFE, SXV10, NAP

Two separate numbers, 600 and 1000. The thing I want to know is if the two dimensions (length and inner diameter) are identical. My understanding is that 600 and 1000 are measured in millimetres. The longer one would be perfect for the radiator to reservoir section and the one that goes inside the reservoir; that way I won't run out of room. For the 1000 hose, I am equally confused about the meaning of *ND.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just enter your vehicle identification number (VIN) into the search bar and you'll be able to see which part number is correct. Toyota has copyright issues, so you won't see any diagrams. By the way, you're absolutely right about the millimetres; the abbreviation ND means Nippon Denso, which is why the parts department knows not to see Toyota-branded packaging.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Due to a lack of information specific to your vehicle, I was going to enquire as to its VIN in order to conduct a lookup and assist you. However, as mentioned in post #2, it is also possible for you to do it yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hose that connects the reservoir to the radiator has the same part number as the one that goes into the reservoir, but I can't seem to locate it anymore. The 600mm hose (4T1SK12E3NU107380) is the right one for my vehicle, but it's only for the part of the hose that goes from the radiator to the reservoir.
In order to connect it to the reservoir, I need to cut a piece of the 1000mm hose. I'm hoping it's the same ID, just longer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using your vehicle identification number (VIN), you can locate the small hose that connects your overflow reservoir to the radiator reservoir tank (Toyota Part No. 16478-74180, Hose, No. 3). See if this part number is in stock; it might be worth checking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I checked, and it appears to be out of stock.
Deal on Toyota Parts - 16478-74180

Why couldn't I just cut a piece of 600 or 1000mm hose and insert it there? The inner diameters of all of them are likely to be approximately 5/16 inches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...