The BMW E46 330d is experiencing a red oil pressure light.

Mantelle

The chassis of my BMW 320d had a piston failure, resulting in the need to replace the engine, EWS unit, etc. I have now installed components from a 330d, and the vehicle is operational and drivable, with the exception of one problem. The oil pressure indicator remains on when starting the engine, despite doing a pressure test that confirms it falls within acceptable limits.
I traced the wire on my vehicle from the dashboard to the electronic control unit (ECU) on the body side, and from the sensor to the ECU on the engine plug. Everything seemed to be in good condition with no electrical shorts. I also conducted independent tests by running my own wires, and they functioned well. Therefore, I proceeded to reattach the original wires by soldering them back together. The lights are still illuminated, and I am perplexed. The switch is functioning well. I have tested two switches and all of them activated when the engine was started. However, the light continues to stay on. I have encountered many CAN bus issues that I have identified using INPA. However, I have reached the limits of my own capabilities and believe it is now necessary to seek assistance from a professional. Kindly provide photographs taken at the Indiana State Penitentiary.

Various error indicators may appear when the cluster is transferred between vehicles, as was the situation with mine, or when the ECU is replaced. In contrast to the E36, these clusters are "coded" to the ECU during the manufacturing process and must be re-coded to the new ECU in order to function correctly without any error indicators. If a tutorial on YouTube is not available, it is advisable to seek the assistance of a BMW or auto electronics professional, since clusters are well-known for being prone to breakdowns.

The only issue I had while doing a cluster switch was that I was able to remove the tamper dot, but I was unable to modify the mileage.
Regrettably, I am unable to assist you with your oil light issue.

Thank you, friend. Did you have any further problems when you exchanged the clocks? I have a suspicion that I may need to get the 30-day clocks from the donor vehicle and test them on my own car. Was it challenging to accomplish?

The only issue I had was related to the distance travelled.
I inquired whether anybody could augment the mileage, but their response was laughter. However, because the discrepancy was little 6 km, I decided to retain the current reading.