Electrical issues arising from water infiltration into the footwells during a flood.

Spiderer

My 2006 Mini CooperS has had water infiltration due to floodwaters beyond the door bottoms, resulting in around 2-3 inches of water accumulation inside the vehicle. The vehicle was not submerged in water, thus I am not worried about the condition of the engine. However, I am receiving many error messages indicating issues with the electrical system (a picture will be sent as evidence).

The engine is operational, with intermittent activation of the headlights and sidelights, but the wipers are not functioning.Indicators for changing direction. The electric mechanism for opening the boot is not functioning.

Upon shutting off the engine, the warning persists in sounding, necessitating the disconnection of the battery.

I have used a wet vacuum to extract the water, but, the carpets remain excessively saturated. Given the current outdoor temperature of 1 degree Celsius, the likelihood of facilitating the drying process is minimal.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Regrettably, the automobile has less monetary value, hence I am uncertain about contacting the insurance company.

The footwell modules have been compromised. Remove the footwell panels and inspect the modules for water damage. Attempt to dry them, but if any components have been damaged, replacement (previously owned) modules will be necessary. Additionally, the new modules will need to be reprogrammed.

I appreciate your prompt response.

Upon inspection, I have confirmed that the bottom connections located inside the side panel had indeed been submerged in water. Aside from separating them and allowing them to air dry, do you have any further recommendations?

I recommend doing the aforementioned action prior to contacting insurance. Keep in mind that any claim made against you will be resolved and will result in expenses for you.

I am experiencing a distressing dream involving individuals associated with automobiles. Indeed, this topic has been addressed on several occasions; nonetheless, the clarity of the matter remains unquestionable. When I try to start it, the electrical system malfunctions. All the circuits seem to be communicating with each other, but the car is not functioning properly. Last year, she performed this action, which included enclosing the narrows of the circuit and causing it to become saturated. Upon reevaluating it this year, I have seen that it is not as dreadful as before. Today, I visited the passenger side footwell and saw that it was totally inundated with water, to the point of overflowing. An unspecified wire was brought down in the area at the driver's feet, and I am uncertain whether it is linked to anything. Although it seems that there is no connection or practical use, I don't think it should have affected the loom.

Meltarb  It seems that you need to remove moisture from the automobile. I recommend removing the carpets in the foot wells and introducing moderate heat to facilitate the drying process. Obtaining a dehumidifier would be advantageous. The wiring requires desiccation, and the footwell modules need removal, cleansing, and thorough inspection for any potential malfunctions. The most effective method for drying electrical devices is to disassemble them down to the circuit boards, then enclose them in poly bags together with rice, and finally store them in the airing cupboard for around one day. If the FWMs have been excessively powered on, they may need repairs in the end. In previous eras, when advanced technology was not available, the presence of water in automobiles had a detrimental impact. In contemporary times, this impact has become even more adverse, but it is not always catastrophic.

In the absence of an airing cupboard
Place the item inside a shoe box and create an opening at one end of the box to accommodate a hair blow dryer. Activate the dryer to expedite the drying process for a wide range of objects.

Thank you everyone. I attempted to remove the moisture from the module, but it was unsuccessful. I used a wet vacuum to extract as much water as possible, but it had penetrated the foam, necessitating the removal of seats and carpets. Unfortunately, I cannot spare the time to undertake these extensive repairs as I require a dependable vehicle for work. Consequently, the insurance company promptly declared it a total loss through an online form.