The R56 N18 model has a sports exhaust system that can be activated with a button.

NarrativePsych

Does anybody possess a comprehensive explanation of the precise mechanisms that occur inside the exhaust system when the button is pressed? What causes a loud and explosive sound? Where are the mechanisms that activate or initiate the mechanical device?...I am unable to locate the information on the R56 anywhere.

Indeed, it is plausible that they may manipulate the spark ignition profile to get the desired effect. For instance, by increasing the fuel injection and delaying the spark timing, it is conceivable that the resulting late ignition could provide the distinctive crackling sound. To be honest, my seldom exhibits such behaviour.

Thank you for your cooperation. My vehicle has this capability, and it is a source of amusement for my children whenever we use it. However, I have seen that when the temperature drops significantly, such as reaching -20 degrees Celsius, as we have experienced this winter, the device ceases to function. Therefore, I began contemplating the reason behind it.

It is indeed an exceptional automobile in cold weather conditions. In November, I installed a C-Tek charger solely for the purpose of fully charging the battery. Since then, it has consistently started without any issues. Now that the heater is functioning again, it is superior. Heat is generated during a short span of time. The engine operates quite well.