The steering column of the W205 is immobilised.

LimeLing

This morning, my niece contacted me to inform me that the steering column of her w205 vehicle, which typically adjusts itself to allow for easy entry into the car, is not moving. It is emitting a noise like that of a motor, but remains fixed in a single position. I have not yet examined the issue, but I am curious if anybody else on this platform has encountered a similar situation and can provide insights. I want to do a more thorough investigation tomorrow.

There are other entries on this topic that I recall. I suggest doing a search to find them. I believe if you attempt it, the process will restart.

There is a problem with the steering column adjustment in the 204 model. There are some indications and a link provided for reference. Simply detach the electrical connection and then pivot it vertically.

Thank you. I implemented the suggested action and saw that it began functioning, but the duration of its effectiveness remains uncertain. I have seen a component of a dog bone that requires replacement, but now everything is satisfactory.

My device became stuck 18 months ago. Despite my first attempts to avoid using the BFI method (Brute Force and Ignorance), I eventually succumbed to forcefully pounding and using my whole bodyweight to pull on it, which successfully resolved the issue. Personally, I have adjusted it to my preferred position and have not made any changes since then. In my opinion, I would suggest doing the same. The expense of fixing it is far more than the discomfort of the vehicle not moving when you exit it, to be truthful.