I am now without a Mercedes for the first time in 20 years.

PopeyeR

There is an empty space in the driveway tonight, a space that has been filled for over half of my life. The SL that joined our possession in 2003 has departed after being in our control for 21 years. Several other automobiles have been introduced and discontinued throughout that period (including a 202 and a 211), but this particular car consistently remained present. And now, all of a sudden, it no longer is; it seems incongruous, like an absent family member or cherished pet.

It is remarkable how automobiles can have such an effect on a person.

Truly a victim of life-altering circumstances.

Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, I transitioned to remote work and have not returned to the office, resulting in a significant reduction in my annual miles. The automobile is no longer suitable for daily use due to many issues, but that is not an issue as we have the wife's Kuga for practical purposes. However, I really dislike driving it. This implies the presence of a second functional vehicle, namely the Superb waggon, which becomes more difficult to rationalise when there is already a KTM in the garage.

The outdoor living arrangement required maintenance, which was intended to be done before COVID. However, due to changing circumstances, it became impractical, necessitating its removal. Not all hope is lost, as the wife has come to the realisation that she too loves driving the Skoda. She believes that when the time comes, the Kuga should be substituted with a smaller vehicle. I see it as referring to an R231 model.

After life becomes less hectic, I want to meticulously document my assortment of 129 more items and components (including some AMG components) for potential buyers.

It is progressing well; I have had it for about a year. I have not made much progress on it since the suspension work, since other tasks have taken precedence. However, I want to resume working on it near the end of the summer, if everything goes well.

These autos are of high quality. I myself want a fancy one, but the justification for operating anything of such magnitude given that we lack woofers is quite weak.

I see your point, since many people have said that your CL500 is outdated and should be replaced. However, parting with it would be emotionally challenging for you.