Removal of the HVAC vent located in the centre of the room.

bourhay

After doing a brief search, no results were discovered. How can I extract it?
I acquired a CF card by means of swapping. Upon examining the new one, I see the tabs that secure it in place. However, I am uncertain about the method to access those tabs once it is installed in the dashboard. πŸ€”

Enjoyment of the interior aesthetics πŸ˜†

image.thumb.png.879c9dcd72001ff2514086f3897a026f.png

There are two designated areas where you are expected to insert a hook tool and extract. One is located in the left centre section of the vent, while the other is positioned in the top right section.

image.thumb.png.c0ac87f6ddf685837d464cfd4ccfd430.png

The trim was simply detached from the vent, allowing me to replace them without having to remove the whole unit. The trim around the cluster... that's a whole other matter πŸ˜†

I have just completed this particular task on my 2022 model. On my vehicle, I had to uninstall the HVAC controls and the leather trim. To facilitate the removal of the centre vent, it was necessary to unscrew a single screw. Uncertain if this feature was included in the more recent generations of automobiles. Subsequently, I used a 90 degree pick to extract the vent.

image.png.d2ebf5b280596902694f6d29e06efc59.png

It is highly recommended to get a copy of the service manuals. A weekend ago, I successfully fitted the whole inside carbon kit. I was not prepared for the number of components that need to be removed in order to access the instrument panel trim. To access the bolts securing the leather side trim on the right side of the steering wheel, it is necessary to remove the centre console. I first estimated that it would only a few hours, but it ended up taking two days to complete, much to my amusement.

image.thumb.png.8752181da048b86e5d11ff943f998682.png

Wasn't it enjoyable? Laughing out loud πŸ˜† I have purchased a Matte CF product and I am now considering selling it in order to switch to a gloss finish.

laugh out loud I also chose the matte finish and now I am contemplating if the gloss finish would have been more suitable. However, it is too late for me to change my decision since I am unwilling to go that difficult process again. Consequently, I have already made the purchase of an askcarbon steering wheel in matte carbon.

image.png.6c7b5108209ed3525223287cdc89699c.png

The clips are engineered to exhibit flexibility and detachability upon exertion of force on the vent. I used a technique whereby I exerted force on the vent while using a lengthy flat plastic trim removal tool to apply pressure on the internal flapper of the vent from the other side. I insert the tool into the vent located on the side of the door card, specifically the aperture with the rubber gasket that connects to the vent on the dashboard, if that is clear. Apply pressure to both the upper and lower halves of the flapper door to avoid putting excessive strain on or causing damage to the hinge. Alternatively, you may use a plastic trim removal tool to gently pry the vent out from the front side. However, I refrained from doing so due to my excessive concern about perhaps causing harm to the leather.

The most challenging aspect for me was reestablishing the connection of the 2-pin connector. Due to the insufficient slack in the wire harness, I had to resort to pulling the door card in order to facilitate the reconnection.

Β