Pricing for the installation of carbon fibre wings

Darthilli

Greetings, gentlemen.

I have just purchased a carbon fibre wing that I want to have fitted on the R8. The vendor from whom I made the purchase suggested a certain location for the installation, and the shop provided me with a quotation that seemed to be too unreasonable. I have a question:

1. Do you have one installed?
2. What was the amount of your payment?
3. Do you consider the statement below to be insane?

The quotation I got said the following: "AERO FLAP." Ensure the installation and alignment of the wing for a cost of $612.50. Additionally, disable the rear aerodynamic system to prevent the activation of any faults for a fee of $550.

The technician who contacted me said that the method mentioned before was cost-effective, but not optimal. According to the technician, the correct approach would need an investment of $3,000.

This seemed exorbitantly costly to me. Additionally, do you have any suggestions on the appropriate price range for the installation of carbon fibre mirror housings?

Thank you once again

Programming costs $550!
I am capable of doing this task within a time frame of 30 seconds. If you own a VCDS cable, you may get the services of TeamViewer without any charge.

What is your current location?

Is it an original V10+ wing from the manufacturer or a replacement wing made by the factory? If such is the case, the appropriate course of action would be to purchase the metal base plate that serves as a replacement for the complete base of the R8 pop-up wing. The wing is fastened to the base plate, which in turn is secured to the automobile, instead of being simply connected to the movable base wing. I have seen several individuals just affixing it to the original wing base of the manufacturer and programming the wing to prevent lift, resulting in a problem-free experience. However, it is uncertain whether it is the course of action you choose to pursue.

Furthermore, the act of programming the rear wing at a price of $550 is utterly irrational.

Understood. Preferably, I would want to replace the active aerodynamics with the base plate in the correct manner. However, the individual is requesting a price of $3k for this service, which is very unreasonable to me.

The essential components needed are: 4S0 827 567 A, 4S8 827 699 A, and 4S8 827 937 3FZ. In addition, you will want the appropriate hardware to securely fasten these components to both the automobile and the wing. You must have this component (4S8 827 699 A) painted to match the vehicle. Upon careful consideration of all the aforementioned factors, it becomes evident why some individuals emphasise the need of firmly establishing their stock base spoiler.

Oh, it is astonishing. Based on my understanding, it seems that the $3k price is deemed suitable for executing the task in a manner that adheres to the correct standards. Oh my, now I am contemplating abandoning the whole wing idea and returning the one I purchased. In addition, the whole automobile has previously been protected with paint protection film (PPF).

Uncertain about the appropriate course of action in this situation. Is it advisable to directly penetrate the active aerodynamics system? I am inquiring about the proportion of individuals who choose one path compared to the other.

Although I am uncertain of the exact proportion, I have seen a significant number of individuals successfully drilling into the sturdy metal base of the active wing without encountering any problems, unlike if it were made of plastic. However, I am uncertain about the durability of this at high speeds, if that is your intention. If you want to proceed with acquiring all the necessary components, I am certain that R8-Stuff will be able to assist you in obtaining them.

I am really grateful for your assistance,Videoman. The explanation and required components were clear to me, and the video proved to be really beneficial. I will engage with the local Audi R8 communities to gather information on the activities and practices of its members. I am really grateful for the valuable assistance and knowledge you have provided. Your support is much appreciated.

We provide the complete original equipment manufacturer (OEM) repair kit for sale. This includes more than 60 products. This item is consistently available for purchase.

The installation process is rather simple. Programming may be completed in a matter of seconds.

Kindly provide us with a private message with your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) so that we may significantly reduce the dealer pricing for you.