Ignition malfunction on a Land Rover P38 model.

Inspirli

I recently tried to start my p38 after it had been idle for around a year. When I turn the key, there is no response. The engine is not cranking. Indicates ignition failure on the display. Jumping the starting relay causes the engine to start and operate. Do you have any suggestions?

I would replace the relay first. It seems like the ignition system is functioning OK except for the starting motor. If a replacement relay does not solve the issue, fuse box malfunctions are often seen. You might search for posts on this topic. Other individuals who are knowledgeable with the fuse box will probably provide their input. Thank you.

Thank you for responding. I sense a significant issue at now. I tested the relay with a relay tester and it is functioning properly. I found that the back windows and sunroof are likewise nonfunctional. All the fuses and relays have been inspected. Everything is satisfactory. I am unfamiliar with all this module-controlled technology.

Check the stickys above the posts for a link to RAVE. This includes all the manuals and other related documents. An electronic troubleshooting manual (ETM) contains all the wiring schematics. I would examine the wiring schematics to identify the common wiring among the components that are not functioning. That might assist you in narrowing down your options. Have you checked both sets of fuses as well? Fuses are located beneath the hood and also under the driver's seat in right-hand drive vehicles.