BMW X6 E71 electronic handbrake malfunctioned

rauman

Hello BMW enthusiasts, I am new here since my X6 E71 40d, manufactured in December 2012, has been running well so far. Now the handbrake has automatically engaged and the handbrake light in the cockpit is always glowing yellow. The trunk release was pulled and the fuses in the passenger footwell and the two in the trunk were checked. Everything is fine. The handbrake remains nonfunctional. BMW is asking around 300 euros only for the diagnosis. The independent workshop has conducted a diagnostic scan and identified errors in the power supply.

Have any of you had similar symptoms? Ich wäre dankbar für Ratschläge zur weiteren Fehlersuche. Also, the hold on feature has also failed, and the two LEDs on the centre console have also failed. The battery is currently in good condition.

Hello, I had an issue. The issue was identified as a worn-out actuator, requiring a new one. A new actuator is somewhat costly, priced at about 700 €, but a used one may be obtained for a lower price via an exchange.

Thank you for the information. I am not familiar with it yet. Can you provide any details on how this was expressed or what was deteriorated? There is a person in Hannover that can fix the actuator for a fee of 250 €. If that indeed happens

Disconnect the control unit located beneath the vehicle, clean the contacts with contact spray thoroughly, and reconnect it, repeating the process multiple times to ensure the connections are clean.

My persistent issue with my locking brakes was sometimes addressed.

BMW requested over 1,000 EUR for a new control unit including installation.

Works consistently with my E71 since then. Approximately six years ago

Thank you for your useful advice. I create when the temperature of the frost is somewhat higher. Was everything returned to its original position or have you stored or rearranged something?

I did not need to reset anything.

It was humiliating when the parking brake failed in front of the store, but it only happened to me once. (You don't drive a cm! :D) Since then, I refrained from pulling them.

Position "P" is entirely adequate on the level surface.

I was fortunate with the pond as it functioned well for 4 years. However, I made a mistake by accidentally spraying contact spray on myself.

Several workshops have become rather simple... To identify and replace faulty memory components without hesitation.

Finally had the opportunity to inspect underneath the vehicle. You may get used to driving without using the handbrake. Regrettably, the bimmelei is irritating due to the error notice, and eventually, the TÜV will get involved. Removed the plug from the module. The contact pins are shining brightly without any rust or moisture present. After assembling and starting the engine, the handbrake was repaired and the sign on the display became red. Fz has not shifted at all. I thought I needed to unlock it manually, but when I hit the button on the central console, the brake was released and an orange signal appeared on the display. I am puzzled by the message "hand brake disturbed" on the display. The BMW is too costly for me and the independent workshops are unable to identify the issue.

I had previously contemplated. It has been recreated. I presume that everything is still functioning well from a mechanical standpoint. The free workshop displayed an error message stating "voltage supply incorrect."

Understood, however, thank you. There is a technician in the area who can fix the module if you bring it to them. At a price of 280 euros. Which mother do you suspect of meddling? Is this compatible with the module? What features does it now possess or has it been removed?