No option for battery registration was provided for Ista.

Mastervest

Greetings, everyone. Upon choosing the "register battery" option, the screen displays "layer 4" and "register battery ABL". However, it does not go any further and fails to provide more choices. Do you have any insights on the current situation?

Ista+ effectively performs fault code recognition and resetting, ensuring seamless connectivity with the automobile.

Is it possible that you are using an outdated iteration of ISTA+? The appearance of your menu diverges from the two versions I own on separate machines, as seen below. Both versions include the capability to incorporate items into the test plan.

image.png.1a3510f5c943c3ce477bbf9f9db75d24.png

image.png.421ca4f5d7bf694e14d4511b6ebc436e.png

Thank you,Inspirli. The device is a 2018 edition. Frankly, it was rather challenging to configure, and I am worried that I could make a mistake if I update it.

Can I quickly upgrade by downloading a newer version of ISTA + and replacing the old version?

Considering ISTA+ as the successor to ISTA-D, I expected the process of programming a battery to be straightforward...

I am aware that it is a challenging task to establish. Programming the battery is often a straightforward process accomplished by double-clicking the Register Battery Option twice. This method is effective as long as you are replacing the battery with a similar one. I am unable to reprogram a battery of a different kind using ISTA-D. To do this, I would need to use ISTA-P.

Frankly, it has been quite a while since I last used it. Are you aware of the specific version you possess?

To get the version information in ISTA, just click on the spanner icon located at the top and choose the "version" option. It will enumerate several things. What are the first two numbers? The value of my first photo is 4.15, whereas the value of the second picture is 4.10.

I am substituting a BMW-stamped battery with a capacity of 90 ampere-hours and a cold cranking amp rating of 900, with an Exide battery that has a capacity of 95 ampere-hours and a cold cranking amp rating of 850. I get that this is classified as a "same battery" because to its alignment with the 90ah categorization. The intention was to choose a battery that is not manufactured by BMW. I have no intention of switching to a different battery size or transitioning from AGM to wet cell.

The version of my ISTA is 3.54.10/11, which is from 2016 and considered fairly outdated.

The last two screenshots show the option to choose the ABL register battery, which unfortunately leads to a blank page.

Nevertheless, I fail to comprehend why ISTA+ does not recognise a battery even though it is considered the next advancement in BMW software and all connections are functioning properly.

If there is an expedited method to upgrade my ISTA to a more recent version, I would be willing to attempt it...? I am little apprehensive about upgrading ISTA due to the arduous process it took to get it functioning properly.

ISTA+ is an abbreviation for Integrated Service Technical Application Plus. It seems that you have a discrepancy in the files inside your images. I own an E series E91 vehicle, hence an Icom connection is not applicable.

You have two options. Certain portable scanning equipment enable you to either register a new battery or update your ista. Regrettably, I lack the requisite expertise to provide guidance on changing it.

Several discussions have taken place about scan tools, and it has been noted that some of the Foxwell models are well regarded. Considering acquiring one for myself. Take a moment to observe the top posts on the right side and consider sending a private message to one of them or creating a new post specifically about scan tools.

The Foxwell 510 elite or the 530 will fulfil all of your requirements.
There are other options available if you do a search, many of which have been highly recommended. Personally, I own the Foxwell scanner along with a few others, however I like to keep this information undisclosed to my spouse.