Preedom
Members-
Posts
194 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Preedom
-
I acquired an E63 5.5 bi-turbo around one month ago and am really enamoured with the vehicle. I believed it prudent to have a comprehensive service and a gearbox service performed. Upon completion of the servicing, the garage informed me of six oil leaks present in the engine. They are informing me that it requires an engine removal, but I am uncertain whether it is worthwhile. None of the leaks exhibit any dripping, and over the course of 1000 kilometres, the oil level has remained unchanged. I will attempt to upload some photographs here. Would you just abandon them?
-
Approximately seven years ago, I acquired a comparable camera to the one you have referenced, which is integrated into the rearview mirror casing of my E90. Although it was intended for the E90, it was far bigger than the windscreen pad and was unappealing, hence it was ultimately not installed. It included a power lead that links to the loom in the headliner, which was advantageous.
-
Thank you, everyone. I have decided on the option 'Unlock once charged' and will evaluate its performance over the weekend.
-
Yesterday was my first experience. I have never owned an electric vehicle before. It was also proposed to unlock many times. I will attempt it next time. Thank you
-
Acquired my maiden electric vehicle today. The Midnight Black GT S. I conducted a 'test' charge with my Hypervolt charger, allocating just a few minutes to the schedule. The doors were ajar. Upon completion of the charging process, I had significant difficulty in extracting the cable. I attempted to lock and open the doors many times. Ultimately, it succeeded. I searched in Settings to locate the information from the online handbook on changing the charging cable lock to Never Lock. Unable to locate it. Could someone simplify this procedure for me? Where can I find the 'Never lock cable' option in the Settings? Do you have any suggestions? I understand that unlocking the doors should allow the cable to disengage, but it did not.
-
I presume the heater is expected to get here?
-
Here is a starting from earlier today; I drove the vehicle for around one hour on Sunday.
-
Upon your mention, the battery voltage seems to be very low, even during an extended drive intended to charge it. I will do the test tomorrow and provide an update, as well as publish a video demonstrating the starting.
-
-
All four glow plugs have a resistance of 0.09-0.10 ohms.
-
The vehicle has difficulties during cold starts when temperatures drop below 10°C. The issue exacerbates with decreasing temperatures; I replaced the 12V battery one week ago and the glow plugs and relay around six months before. Fault codes include 004242 for cylinder 4 glow plug, 0043f1 for electric auxiliary heater, and 004ab2 for electric auxiliary heater. I get codes for several glow plugs during cold starts, but never simultaneously until the 12V battery has been completely depleted. Thank you for all assistance! It is also noteworthy that the rail pressure is 6.5 bar with the ignition activated and increases to 300 bar while cranking.
-
The vehicle operates efficiently. The old tires exhibited uniform wear.
-
I had new tires installed.
-
What is the estimated cost for completion?
-
Determinations about the selection of the multimedia version...
Preedom replied to Samuraisaint's topic in General
The audio quality is equivalent throughout the head units. For superior audio quality in your vehicle, go for a JBL system. I own JBL audio systems in both my 2020 and 2024 C-HR models, and their sound quality is consistently excellent. I drove the C-HR equipped with the usual six speakers many times, and the difference is substantial! The 2024 C-HR GR SPORT is the only specification in Ireland with JBL; I am uncertain whether this is also the case in the UK. -
I brought it to Kia in Belfast, where they connected it and reported that they could not locate any option inside the menu system. KIA AU said that it was unfeasible.I am somewhat in denial about how a new automobile might exhibit this issue and have come here to ascertain whether others have seen it as well. Thank you for the replies.
-
Regrettably, it is not available on the MY23 Sorrento GT-Line HEV; I apologise for not mentioning it earlier. The only options are kilometres and gallons or a similar unit.
-
Has a solution to this issue ever been discovered? I am now unable to drive my MY23 Kia Sorento GT-Line HEV, which I imported from Australia, since it failed the IVA owing to the inability to display MPH.
-
Yes, the vehicle will be left at the PPF business once it is repainted. The owner refused to relocate the item since my uncle is the landlord. 😂
-
The hood has a chip. I did not get the Public Provident Fund (PPF) in 2009 since it was not available at that time. My GT3 RS does possess it, so it is enduring. The issue is in the impracticality of using a paint protection film (PPF) over top of damaged paint. Additionally, my R8 V8 is coated in a unique hue that was not properly finished by the manufacturer during its first production.
-
Indeed, XPel Hong Kong recommended that I allow the automobile to remain stationary for a few weeks. However, because I am disassembling the vehicle for repainting, there will be plenty time for the paint to properly aerate.
-
Greetings, everyone. I have owned my automobile since 2009. I have ultimately decided to restore her to a pristine condition. The vehicle is undergoing a complete repainting process. Could you provide any recommendations for the maintenance procedures to be followed while removing panels, doors, hood, etc. for repainting? Thank you!
-
Are you currently present in New Jersey?
-
How to disengage the park position while the vehicle is not running?
Preedom replied to TraumaLaugh's topic in General
Regrettably, it is not feasible to transition into neutral while the engine is off. There is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) available on this issue. You may get it at the following link: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2024/MC-10252377-0001.pdf